Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A party planning journal...

Today, I wanted to share a simple party planning idea that I use whenever I am getting organized for a party. I have been using a Party Planning Journal for years, for parties big and small!

party planning journal

The idea is simple (and probably used by many), grab a notebook and give it the job of housing all of your lists when getting organized for entertaining. For dinner parties I usually just jot down the menu, but for birthday parties I include the guest list, games and decoration ideas.

party planning journal

What I find most useful about having this information all in one place is that I can look back to see what  I served at previous parties. That way I can make sure I'm not always serving the same food to our guests! It's also helpful when brainstorming a menu to see whats worked well in the past.

party planning journal

I recently filled my original party planning journal and had to start a new one. I chose this pretty Martha Stewart journal and added a festive touch with some silhouette vinyl cut outs. It's a great size to take along to the grocery store and looks super cute sitting out on my desk!

3 comments

  1. What a great idea! I'm going to grab a few journals this week and assign them tasks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Leanne, where would we be without lists....and what a pretty place to house all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An essential for planning parties! I love how you made the outside so pretty.....man, i have to get a shilouette!

    ReplyDelete