Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Guest Post: Bottle Cap Stamps

The next few weeks are going to be super busy and a little stressful in the Leeper house. My husband will be starting a fellowship in Baltimore next month and we will be pretty consumed with getting him packed up and shipped off! We have also planned a family vacation for the first few weeks of July, which means crafting and blogging will be taking a bit of a backseat for a little while. However, I do plan to check in once a week or so with a post. I am also happy to say that some of my blogging friends have offered to share some of their posts! Here is the first one! Thanks for sharing Chelsea!




Hello there! Chelsea with a bushel 'n' a peck here and it is my pleasure to be guest posting here at ...AND AWAY WE GO! Leanne was so gracious to invite me to share this fun, inexpensive kiddo activity that is a favorite in our house.

So for those that don't know my oldest daughter (3) doesn't attend day care. We are fortunate enough to have work schedules that allow us (my husband for the most part) to be home with our little ones. So in an effort to try and keep her engaged we try new little artsy things to do.

While trying new things is great it can also cost a lot of money. It takes little to no time at all to take a trip to Hobby Lobby or Michaels and spend a fortune. So thanks to many a Pinterest pinners I have been able to get ideas for our arts and crafts. This day was bottle cap stamps.






Gather your supplies. In our case it only cost us $1. We started to collect bottle caps, have plenty of paint and paper, only needed the foam stickers.


Start by sticking a variety of stickers onto the flat side of bottle caps.


To apply the paint you can either allow your kiddo to stamp into some paint or apply some paint with a paint brush. I applied for my little one (at the time 2) and allowed her to stamp.


My foam stickers were different forms of transportation so as we stamped we talked all about the modes of transportation and the color we were stamping. She loved it!


How easy was that? Well the little one doesn't know, all they know was they got to stamp to their heart's content. She didn't quite understand stamping and pressure but I think did pretty well for her age. This was a fun activity that we will do again.



What a fabulous idea!  Here are some other great posts from  a bushel 'n' a peck














0 comments

Post a Comment