Monday, February 9, 2015

Avocado & Pear Smoothie

This Christmas we got a new blender and have been having all sorts of fun experimenting with different smoothie recipes. My kids will down just about anything that comes in the form of a smoothie, so I've enjoyed the challenge of seeing just what I can sneak into their little bodies! Green Smoothies are our favourite, and while Rob and I love this one the most, it's a bit intense for the boys. They prefer something with a yogurt base. One of our favourite creations has been an Avocado & Pear Smoothie. It's a bit different than a lot of the recipes I have come across so I thought I would share!

avocado & pear smoothie

Avocado & Pear Smoothie
1/2 of one avocado
1 pear
1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
1 cup of baby kale
10 ice cubes (approximate)
1 Tbsp blue agave nectar
1/4 cup apple juice (more for desired consistency)

avocado smoothie

The Avocado & Pear Smoothie is awesome for kids because it has a great texture.  The avocado gives it the smooth consistency that you would normally get using a banana but is a nice alternative to the typical banana smoothie flavour.  Plus, my kids normally don't like avocado (not to mention kale!!) so  I'm happy to get a bit more nutritional variety into their diet!

avocado smoothie

What's your favourite smoothie recipe? We're always looking for something new to try!!

1 comments