Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mini Egg Blondies...


I was looking for a fun recipe for a "Girls Night In" when I stumbled upon (this pin), that I had found a few months back. The recipe was for Cake Batter Blondies that had both white chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles... they looked fabulous! However, I wanted to make a few changes to "Easter them up" a little so made a few adaptations...


Here is the recipe, you can throw the batter together in about two minutes, but they do take about forty minutes to bake.

Ingredients:
1 box of Rainbow Bit cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
1/4 C canola oil
1/4 C table cream
1/4 C milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 200g package Cadbury Mini Eggs

Combine cake mix, oil, cream, milk, egg and vanilla in a large bowl and stir until the mixture is smooth. In a separate bowl smash Mini Eggs (I used a mortar and pestle). Stir half of the smashed Mini Eggs into the batter. Pour batter into a greased 8x8 cake dish/pan. Sprinkle the remaining smashed Mini Eggs over the batter and bake for approximately 40 min. The blondies are finished when the edges are golden and crispy and the middle is still quite soft (they will harden as they set). Allow blondies to cool for 20 minutes before slicing and removing from the pan.


I think I'll make some more for Easter brunch!

11 comments

  1. ...looks yummy, thanks for the idea for Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. yowsers! I hope those are all eaten by the time I get home. Food has not been kind to me in Boston;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious...and very Easter-y! I just bought some mini-eggs and was pretty irritated that many of them were broken when I got them home (thanks to poor bagging at the store!). Now I have a perfect use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! I am loving all your posts! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were my favorite candies as a kid. Sounds like a delicious idea to put them in blondies. Thanks for sharing. I'm pinning this to try hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my.....these look amazing!! I love blondies and I love what you've done with them! :)
    Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! This was my first "Blondie" experience and I am definitely a fan!

      Delete
  7. These look so yummy and so colorful!

    ReplyDelete